- Added support for the VK_EXT_memory_priority, and VK_EXT_pageable_device_memory
extensions for Turing+ GPUs.
- Improved the performance of Minecraft Java Edition on RTX 3000
- Fixed a memory leak in the NVIDIA GLX driver, as reported at:
- Added support for driving very high pixel clock mode timings such as 8K @
60Hz. Please see the "MaxOneHardwareHead" X11 ModeValidation token in the
README for details.
- Extended Dynamic Boost support on notebooks to include older Renoir
and Cezanne chipsets, in addition to Rembrandt and newer AMD chipsets.
- Fixed a bug that caused Vulkan X11 swapchain creation to fail on GPUs
without a display engine when the VK_KHR_present_id extension is used.
- Fixed console restore on legacy VGA consoles when using the NVIDIA
Open GPU Kernel Modules.
- Added nvoptix.bin to the driver package. This data file is used by the
OptiX ray tracing engine library, libnvoptix.so.1.
- Removed libnvidia-compiler.so.VERSION from the driver package. This
functionality is now provided by other driver libraries.
- Added power usage and power limits information to nvidia-settings
- Updated NV_CTRL_GPU_POWER_SOURCE NV-CONTROL API to report undersized
- Add support for version 4 of the linux-dmabuf wayland protocol.
- Added NV-CONTROL attributes NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_MULTIPLY_DIVIDE_MODE
and NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_MULTIPLY_DIVIDE_VALUE to allow syncing a
Quadro Sync II card to different House Sync signal rates. This
feature requires firmware version 2.18 or later; to download the
latest firmware version, please visit:
- Added support for the VK_KHR_video_queue, VK_KHR_video_decode_queue,
VK_KHR_video_decode_h264 and VK_KHR_video_decode_h265 extensions.
- Added an application profile to avoid performance problems in Xfce 4
when the OpenGL compositor backend is enabled along with G-SYNC.
- Added support for suspend and resume when using GSP firmware.
- Moved the nvidia-settings application icon into the 'hicolor' icon theme,
which allows it to be customized by other icon themes selected in the
- Fixed a bug that prevented PRIME render offload from working for
Wayland applications when running on a system with an AMD iGPU.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-installer from recording kernel log
output to the installer log in some module loading failure paths.
- Changed nvidia-installer to no longer use the $XDG_DATA_DIRS environment
variable. XDG data files are now installed to a path specified by the
--xdg-data-dir option, or /usr/share if not specified.
This fixes a problem when Flatpak is installed that caused the installer
to place the nvidia-settings.desktop file in
- Changed the behavior of glXGetRefreshRateSGI() for non-integer
refresh rates to round to the nearest whole number rather than
- Changed the compression format of the .run installer package from xz
to zstd. This results in a smaller compressed package, and faster
decompression performance. A fallback zstd decompressor is embedded
into the installer package for systems which do not already have a
zstd decompression program installed.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to mistakenly unload some
already loaded non-NVIDIA kernel modules.
- Fixed a bug which caused incorrect reporting of presentation
times when using the VK_NV_present_barrier Vulkan extension.